Recent Select Juried Exhibitions
2017 - Top Prize in Painting, 6th Annual Juried Show, Artists of Yardley, Yardley, PA.
2017 - People's Choice Award, Artsbridge Members' Show, Prallsville Mills, Stockton, NJ
2016 - 12th National Photography Competition, Fotofoto Gallery, Huntington, NY
2016 - Election 2016, The Printmaking Center of New Jersey, Branchburg, NJ
2016 - First International Juried Solarplate Exhibition 2016, Alex Ferrone Gallery, Cutchogue, NY.
2016 - 7th Annual Juried Photography Show, AOY, Artists at Yardley, Yardley, PA. 1st Prize and Honorable Mention
2013 - Northeastern Biennial Twenty Thirteen, AFA Gallery, Scranton, PA. Honorable Mention & 1st Prize in Painting, Cash Prize & Exhibition Award
• 2012 - Jeanie Tengelson Gallery, Art League of L.I., Dix Hills, NY.
• 2011 – Roberson Museum’s Regional Art Exhibition – Sawtelle Gallery, Roberson Museum and Science Center, Binghamton, NY. Juror’s Citation
• 2011 - Linus Galleries, Pasadena, California
• 2011 “Words & Numbers: 40 Artists, 20 States,” Union Street Gallery, Chicago Heights, Illinois
• 2008 - B. J. Spoke Gallery, 27th Annual EXPO Competition, Huntington, L.I., New York, Award in Painting. Juried by Marjorie Weinstein, Whitney Museum of American Art
• 2007 - Roberson Regional Art Exhibition, Sears Harkness Gallery, Roberson Museum
• Binghamton, NY. Awarded “BEST-IN-SHOW” by juror, Philip Pearlstein
• 2006 - “Driven To Abstraction”, Long Beach Arts Center, Long Beach, California
• 2005 - Art In Human Motion, Fredericksburg Ctr for the Creative Arts, Fredericksburg, VA.
• 2004 – International Juried Show, New Jersey Ctr for the Visual Arts, Summit, NJ - Merit Award
• 2003 - "Body, Mind, Spirit" Juried Exhibition, East End Arts Council, Riverhead, N.Y.
• 2002 - 25th Annual "Art On Paper" Exhibition, Circle Gallery, Annapolis, Md.
• 2001 - Heckscher Museum or Art, Annual Juried Exhibition, Huntington, N.Y.
• 2000 - 16th Annual Open Juried Competition, Firehouse Gallery, Nassau Com. College, Garden City, N.Y., Purchase Award
Select Private Collections and Solo Gallery Shows
• Gil and Deborah Williams Collection - Herbert F. Johnson Museum , Cornell University
• Amy and Walter Wojcik Collection, Tunkhannock, PA.
• June and Earl Wootton Collection, Montrose, PA.
• Joy and Bill Morrison Collection, Los Angeles, California
• Dr. William Egelman and Connie Egelman Collection, Westbury, NY
• Dr. Mark Bernstein and Gloria Seidlin-Bernstein Collection, Austin, Texas
• 2007 – Solo Exhiibition, Orazio Salati Gallery, Binghamton, NY
• 2004 - Solo Exhibition, “New Paintings & Mixed Media Works,” Orazio Salati Gallery, Binghamton, New York
2011 – Artist Portfolio Magazine, Issue 2, Portrait III Art Contest, 3rd Place
2010 - Artist’s Magazine 27th Annual Competition - Finalist in Figure/Portrait Category
2008 - Artist’s Magazine 25th Annual Competition - Finalist in Abstract/Experimental Category
2007 - Artist’s Magazine’s 24th Annual Art Comp. - Finalist in the Portrait & Figure Category
Recognitions & Awards
• 2001 - Recipient of a Fellowship to the Summer Institute at the Maine College of Art, Portland, Maine. Studied with instructors Honour Mack and Sharon Portelance.
• 2000 - Recipient of a Fellowship to attend the Summer Institute at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Studied painting and drawing with instructor, Matthew Girson.
• 1996 – Recipient of the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation's 1996 Power of Art Award. Selected to be among only 22 artists nationwide to attend The Power of Art workshop with Robert Rauschenberg sponsored by the Lab School of Washington, D.C. Honored at a private reception given by Rauschenberg and received a cash prize from Mr. Rauschenberg at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.
• 1976 - Pratt Graphics Center, NYC, assistantship with Clare Romano-Ross, world-renowned printmaker, innovator of the collagraph process and author of The Complete Printmaker
M.F.A., Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, N.Y. 1976
B.S., S.U. N.Y., College at Buffalo, 1971
Attended L’universita di Siena and Istituto Statale d'Arte
di Duccio di Buoninsegna, Siena, Italy 1969-1970
Nassau Community College - Computer Graphics, 1998-99
C.W. Post/L.I.U., Brookville, N.Y. - Computer Art, 1984
School of Visual Arts, N.Y.C. - Advertising Design, 1982
S.U.N.Y. Stony Brook - Fine Art Stone Lithography, 1981
Adelphi University, Garden City - Intaglio Printmaking, 1977
October 10, 1949